[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Aug 9 18:32:57 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 15:54, Kelson Vibber wrote:
> At 01:17 PM 8/9/2004, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >So SPF is going to be painful until everyone uses it and then
> >it still won't solve the real problem.
>
> Floods of invalid bounces from forged addresses aren't a problem?

It's not the first thing that comes to mind when I think
of email problems.  Even if it were, I'd want to solve it
for the entire address, not just the domain portion.  Can't
someone still forge the user name as long as the domain
name is correct for the originating IP address or will that
take yet another change in all MTA's to enforce before this
one is very useful?

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com