[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang Strict Question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Aug 9 16:28:34 EDT 2004

I am looking at converting to strict for my filter.  So far the changes have
been very minor.  However, I have the following filter_initialize (modified
for context):

sub filter_initialize {
  use DB_File;

  our ($popauthdbfile);
  $popauthdbfile = "/etc/mail/popauth.db";
}

I then use this variable $popauthdbfile in filter_end.  However, a test
gives the following error:

mimedefang.pl -f /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter -test

Variable "$popauthdbfile" is not imported at /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter
line 517.
Global symbol "$popauthdbfile" requires explicit package name at
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter line 517.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 4392.

Is this innocuous and ignorable?  Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
KAM