[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 9 09:21:46 EDT 2004

--On Monday, August 9, 2004 8:52 AM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

>     MAIL FROM:<user1 at domain.com> RESPONSIBLE=<forwarder at domain2.net>
>
> and the argument of the RESPONSIBLE parameter would be used for
> SPF checking.

Good point about lists.  Then again referrals would make it really
cheap to run mailing lists!!

The above looks pretty good.  So RESPONSIBLE could be an alias or a
user's .forward file then, anything that causes authorized re-sending.

Bounces would go straight to the FROM, I assume?

So, all we do is change all the mail servers on the net. :-)

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York