[Mimedefang] For archiving only: do_main_loop error

Tory Blue tmblue at responsys.com
Fri Aug 6 18:04:50 EDT 2004

The main::do_main_loop errors that I was seeing when building my
Clamav/Mimedefang-2.44/Spamassassin-2.63 configuration was due to
permissions in my perl libraries, these are in my system
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/ directory.

When installing the required modules for mimedefang and Spamasssassin, the
directories were created with root priviiledges only (700), this needs to be
changed to (755). This may be since I installed as root, but if you run into
this issue, here ya go.

I ran a simple comand like so: Note your perl libraries may be installed in
a different location, to see your perl @INC path(s), type: Perl -V

This will display the list of directory's in the path
/usr/lib/local/lib/perl5:

[Hostname]# for dir in `find /usr/local/lib/perl5 -type d` ; do echo $dir
;done

To see the permissions on each directory, you can use the following command:

[Hostname]# for dir in `find /usr/local/lib/perl5 -type d` ; do ls -ld $dir
;done

You can use something like the above to go ahead and change the permissions
to what they should be. I'm not going to enter that here as that's making a
change and I don't want to be responsible.

I used 755 which allows full access to root, read and execute permission to
the group and read/execute to the world.

Again just for archive purpose since when I searched that error was not
found.