[Mimedefang] Graphdefang + High CPU Load when processing

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Aug 6 10:41:58 EDT 2004

I run it once a day and never have a corruption issue.  If you have
corruption issues, suggest looking at your DB installation.  There is just
very little in graphdefang that could really cause this issue.  Are you
having other DB corruption issues?

I am very wary of using DB on servers because of the numerous issues we see
but the speed benefits are great compared to something like mySQL.

In other words, all over different mailing lists, I constantly read about DB
corrupted this, DB corrupted that.  Not to mention that DB is often
implemented in a way that loads the entire DB into memory.  This is great
for small databases but the graphdefang database can hit half a gigabyte for
a server.  This causes huge spikes in the load but makes it process quicker.

Perhaps your machine is running out of memory trying to load the database
and just crashing?

Regards,
KAM