[Mimedefang] SA issues - resolved now ready to party

Tory Blue tmblue at responsys.com
Thu Aug 5 18:02:56 EDT 2004

Okay, so as my post yesterday states everything seems to be working now,
except for SA!

I want to thank this post:

##############################

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Aug 4 00:12:01 EDT 2003

What is the output of:

	mimedefang.pl -features

?

(Please run it as "defang", not as "root" or your own user ID.)

##############################

As the above prompted me to do exactly that and mimedefang.pl -features as
defang does not see spamassassin (so that's got to be the issue), however I
have full access to my perl modules as defang, soooo then I went and saw
some discussions regarding a umask bug, I went ahead and fixed those and
rebuilt, then went back and modified the permissions again and well

I've ARRIVED!! Hahahahaha

Now I need some pointed as to modifiying my various files to

Put the spam information in the header only, got this, just some hashs
needed in mimdefang.filter
Need to modify the above to look like Spamass for Outlook users existing
rules!!!

Reject mail based on high spam score, just at the SMTP conversation...  Why
make my system process it. (receiving and then bouncing is bad, but I think
a reject is perfectly sane)

Discarding of viruses is already happening.

What else, anything, come on people, I'm ready to rock!

Tory

Whitelists: