[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Aug 5 14:37:24 EDT 2004

Joseph Brennan wrote:
> We published SPF a month ago for columbia.edu and found a handful of
> systems in Europe rejecting mail with it!  We changed it to ~all in
> an attempt to tell those guys it's not required yet.

So... someone was sending mail as
From: columbia.edu
To: someone in Europe
Received-By: a server not listed in your SPF record

but you still wanted it to go through?  What was it?

What is recommended for things like "send this page to a friend", where
the initiator wants to be able to have a remote machine send on his
behalf despite an SPF to the contrary?  MAIL FROM: <> From:?  From: <>
Sender:?  From: <> Reply-To:?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"