[Mimedefang] Re: MimeDefang vs clamav

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Thu Aug 5 09:42:30 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard A Nelson" <cowboy at cavein.org>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 6:09 PM
Subject: [Mimedefang] Re: MimeDefang vs clamav

> Sorry about the lack of reply-to and context - until the subscription
> gets through, I'm reading from the archives and posting from a separate
> box :(
>
> Anyway, I am:
> * using md_copy_orig_msg_to_work_dir_as_mbox_file();
> * using clamdscan
>
> [... not catching all viruses ...]

It may also be a file permissions problem.  Are you running clamav as (a)
root, as (b) the mimedefang user or as (c) the clamav user?

If your answer is (c) the clamav user, see the thread
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-August/023645.html
for your answer.  There's a nasty bug in SpamAssassin that bites your
gluteus maximus.

Chris Myers
Networks By Design