[Mimedefang] Sire MimeDefang 2.44: Undefined subroutine &mai n::do_main_loop

Tory Blue tmblue at responsys.com
Tue Aug 3 04:03:25 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Blapp [mailto:mb at imp.ch]

All you need to do is calling 'mimedefang.pl -test' to see where your bug
is. Or call mimedefang.pl on a prepared Mimedefang message with
INPUT/HEADERS file.

Prior Email:

> [defang at gateway2 clamav-0.75.1]# mimedefang.pl -test
> Filter /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter seems syntactically correct.

That's not it :), the other gent with the comment about removing the
$MX_EMBED_PERL directive, but that just showed more errors :) Now can't
start mimdefang-plexor, even though I have the "`[ -n "$MX_USER" ] ; echo
"-U $MX_USER"` \" defined in the /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang file as
MX_USER=defang, it still says I can't start the sytem as "root", well if
it's suppose to drop down with the -U, then there should be no reason it
won't start when I start it as root. I can't start as defang, since defang
really has very lil permissions to talk to the /var/run dir and other areas
in which the startup script would like to touch.

Now I'm back to having issues with the -f directive and again in my config
file (startup file) I have FILTER=/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl

[root at gateway2 init.d]# /etc/init.d/mailsystem start
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor: -f: You must supply an absolute path
for filter program
Starting mimedefang-multiplexor FAILED
/etc/aliases: 63 aliases, longest 31 bytes, 652 bytes total
Starting sendmail

W0w this is frustrating :)

Tory