[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Mon Aug 2 19:55:18 EDT 2004

Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 05:41:19PM +1000, Bill Maidment wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to use md_check_against_smtp_server to check the email
>>recipient against valid users on another mail server.

> Wild guess: have you enabled filter_recipient processing by running
> mimedefang with the "-t" option? (or by specifying MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK="yes"
> in the appropriate startup script).

MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK="yes" is set

> You are testing here against the recipient given by the external
> relay. I noticed in the headers below that you are actually forwarding
> to testing@[192.168.2.5]. You might want to make the same translation
> before checking, by adding:
>
>    $recip =~ s/\@(mail\.)?maidment\.com\.au/\@[192.168.2.5]/i;

I didn't deliberately rename to [192.168.2.5], maybe something to do
with SRS or something I did in sendmail that I've forgotten about. But
that was part of the problem.

> Apparently you are rewriting to USER@[192.168.2.5]. If this works for
> known users, then maybe you added those users to something like
> virtusertable? If so, maybe you forgot to add the catch-all entry at the
> end of virtusertable, saying:
>
> @[192.168.2.5]	error:"5.1.1" No such user

Yep. This was the biggy. I didn't move my /etc/mail/access rules from
the external server to the internal server, so there was no catch-all.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
Bill