[Mimedefang] Spamassassin 3.0 + MD 2.42

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Apr 29 18:06:43 EDT 2004

On 29 Apr 2004 at 15:20, Rich West wrote:

> I've been testing SA 3.0 (CVS) plus MD 2.42 (latest release), and I am
> happy to report that the two are working together rather well!
>
> In addition, the SPF rules within SpamAssassin are a must! (check out
> the Linux Journal article(s) regarding the implementation of SPF on your
> servers! http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7327 and the follow
> up article at http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7328)

Even if you're *not* running SpamAssassin, you can pretty easily make
use of the Mail::SPF::Query module directly within your mimedefang-
filter, and if you can reject a message due to SPF policy and thereby
avoid a SpamAssassin call, it's more efficient!

Nels Lindquist <*>
----
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.