[Mimedefang] Problem running virus scanner

Conrad J. Koch ckoch at dc.alphatech.com
Mon Apr 26 13:35:04 EDT 2004

Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed uvscan with mimedefang on RedHat Enterprise Server. In my
> maillog I saw that there is problem running virus scanner. The exact
> message is as follows:
>
> mimedfang.pl [839] : Problem running virus scanner code=127
> category=swerr, action=tempfail
>
> sendmail[1184]: i3NE65ST3001184: Milter: data, reject=451 4.3.0 Problem
> running virus-sacnner.
>
> There are bunch of entries like that.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Run "{/usr/local/bin}uvscan --version" to make sure that uvscan is
working properly. I had an issue with an cron update script that didn't
load the DAT's properly resulting in the same problem you describe,
although on a Solaris 9 box.

Hope it helps.

-C
[Long time listener, first time caller... :)]