[Mimedefang] MD, SpamAssassin and Bayes...

-ray ray at ops.selu.edu
Fri Apr 9 21:00:49 EDT 2004

Gordon,

For sitewide Bayesian, i have the bayes stuff running as user 'defang', i
guess since SA runs as defang.  Here are the relevant lines from my
sa-mimedefang.cf:

#Enable bayes
  use_bayes 1
  bayes_auto_learn 1
  bayes_path  /sendmail/mqueue/MIMEDefang/bayes/bayes
  bayes_file_mode 0666

The bayes_path dir has these permissions:

drwxr-xr-x    2 defang   defang          0 Apr  9 19:55 /sendmail/mqueue/MIMEDefang/bayes/

And the contents of:

[root at norm root]# ls -l /sendmail/mqueue/MIMEDefang/bayes/
total 15024
-rw-rw-rw-    1 defang   defang      71890 Apr  9 19:55 bayes_journal
-rw-r--r--    1 defang   defang   10522624 Apr  9 19:55 bayes_seen
-rw-rw-rw-    1 defang   defang    4788224 Apr  9 19:55 bayes_toks

Supposedly bayesian is more effective with a per-user bayes db, as opposed
to a sitewide db.  This would be much more complicated though.  I believe
this is a feature of Can-It Pro?

ray