[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.42 + group directory permissions

Guido mimedefang.at.lists.roaringpenguin.com at starbase12.cjb.net
Tue Apr 6 10:36:35 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 08:58, Rob wrote:
> > Doing so I finally figured out that the files were created
> > with the 0640
> > permissions, but that the Work directory was created with
> > 0700, which causes
> > clamd to be unable to scan this directory.
>
> Aha - I'm not alone :)

Indeedy. :)

> I see the same problem with 2.41 (haven't tried 2.42 yet - it's not in
> the FreeBSD ports tree) on my FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT box.  See the thread
> at
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-March/021391.h
> tml

On a sidenote, you mention here that to you it happens on every email? In my
case it has only been happening under certain circumstances for some mails
without me being able to duplicate it. Most of the time it seems to be
setting the correct permissions. Quite strange. But if you ask me, then I'd
say there certainly is some kind of bug in there somewhere, since I have seen
it happen multiple times. And seeing we are having the same kind of problem
it's likely to have the same longterm solution in both cases.

> I put in an explicit chmod 750 of the Work directory and 640 of the
> contents to solve the problem.

Unfortunately I cannot say with what permission the contents of the Work
directory end up in my case. I'd guess they have the correct permissions as
well since MIMEDefang seems not to tempfail anymore.
That I don't know what permissions they have is due to the fact that I have
not yet figured out how to have MIMEDefang keep these directories (except for
having MIMEDefang die while processing an email) and due to the fact that I
does not happen consistently in my case. Although I suspect it might have to
do with the way an email has been encoded and how it is handled by
MIME::Tools.

> What OS are you running?

I'm running Linux Gentoo with currently a 2.4.25 kernel, Sendmail 8.12.11 and
Perl 5.8.2.

Thanks,
Kind regards,

Guido

--
Like punning, programming is a play on words.