[Mimedefang] filter in & out

david junker at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 9 14:33:15 EDT 2004

My perl is not great, but I added the below.
Have not had luck yet.  Could I be putting this in the wrong section
of the mimedefang-filter ?  I ran the reread.  I have tried different
kinds of re's without luck, including filtering on hostname sender and
IP. also adding "^ and $"  eg. /^some-text$/

sub filter_sender {
	my ($sender, $ip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;
	if ($ip =~ /192.168.1.*/i) {
		return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING');
	}
}

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 05:09, kamal wrote:
> > I was wondering what to change to only filter incoming messages.  Does
> > this have to do with the multiplexar function?
>
> One way is to compare IP of sender to the IPs of your internal senders.
> This will work in some network setups. This check can go in filter_sender
> Second way is to check the "mailer". It will be "local" if mail is for a
> local user. This check can go in filter_recipient
>
> I wonder if there's an easier way than this.

All information contained in this email is confidential and may be used by the intended recipient only.