[Mimedefang] Front-end exchange

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Apr 30 12:50:42 EDT 2004

-ray said:

> I have to setup a MD/Sendmail box to front-end an Exchange server, which
> i've never done before.  Is it best just to define the exchange
> domain/hostname in sendmail's mailertable?  Or should i use any *_RELAY
> defines in sendmail.mc?
>
> ray

I also set these items in sendmail.mc:
FEATURE(`preserve_local_plus_detail')dnl
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)dnl
define(`confDOUBLE_BOUNCE_ADDRESS', `root')

dnl since we are relaying mail we need this to keep recipient address
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION',add-to)dnl

I wouuld set it up a a higher priority mx to begin with and then watch it
for a few days before moving it to a lower priority mx.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering