[Mimedefang] OT: adaptec scsi card help with fedora

Larry Starr larrys at fullcompass.com
Fri Apr 30 10:42:17 EDT 2004

I recently had a problem, with RedHat8 and an adaptec SCSI card.  In my case
the system had been working for some time and suddenly began hanging, on
boot, when it attempted to open the SCSI devices.

I then found an RPM for aic7xxx Version 6.3.6, I was at Version 6.5.8, at
http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/RPM/

Downloaded and installed that RPM and my problem was solved.
Of course, your mileage may vary.

Larry G. Starr - larrys at fullcompass.com or starrl at globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.
Phone: 608-831-7330 x 1347  FAX: 608-831-6330