[Mimedefang] Upgrade from 2.38 to 2.42

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Thu Apr 29 16:15:11 EDT 2004

Peter -

If you use any sort of virus scanner, then preserving your old
mimedefang-filter will NOT work, since David moved the virus-scanner calls
from mimedefang-filter to mimedefang.pl just a version-or-two ago.

So, either:

1. you dont employ an external virus scanner (other than File::Scan)
2. you merged your customizations into the new mimedefang-filter and dont
remember doing so
3. you had never modified your original mimedefang-filter and/or
mimedefang.pl in the first place, and just blindly overwrote them with the
new versions
4. you upgraded all portions of mimedefang except for mimedefang.pl and
mimedefang-filter (not sure how well that would work)
5. you did not upgrade (at least not from as far back as 2.38 to 2.42 in one
swoop.)

Ken