[Mimedefang] B & W lists

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 14:07:09 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have black & white lists in a mysql database that we
check using our own code instead of SpamAssassins
built-in functionality (so that they are not
constrained by size limitations like
spam_assassin_check is and because I don't run
SpamAssassin in spamd mode).

However our own functionality is limited to checking
the envelop sender ($Sender) and not other From or
Reply-To headers.

So a couple of questions:

- Is it correct that SpamAssassins built-in database
functionality is only available in spamd mode?

- Does SpamAssassins built-in database functionality
have a where clause?

- The only way of obtaining the From and Reply-To
headers [from within the mimdefang-filter script] is
by explicitly reading ./INPUTMSG?

- What kind of overhead would reading/greping
./INPUMSG on a per mail basis place on an already
loaded scanning box?

Thanks for any help on this,

Chris