[Mimedefang] Poll: Time to drop Trophie support?

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Thu Apr 29 12:23:18 EDT 2004

>  > If the list has many thousands of subscribers, it could be a while.
> Yes of course, you r right but I'm pretty sure I'll be more uptodate
> than using a scheduler.

Only if you're around 24x7x365, and can get your e-mail delivered and acted upon
within 30 minutes.

These days, it is not unusual to see a virus released over a holiday weekend, on
the basis that it will be able to spread to a lot more machines before anyone
picks up the warning and updates their signature files.  Doing a freshclam check
consumes so little bandwidth that it is a no-brainer to use it.  By all means
subscribe to the mailing list and update when a notification comes out if it
makes you happy, but don't take away the safety net on the assumption that
you'll never be ill, or forget, or fail to receive the e-mail.

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741