[Mimedefang] Poll: Time to drop Trophie support?

Jerome Tytgat jerome.tytgat at asterion.fr
Thu Apr 29 03:28:42 EDT 2004

One point I prefer Sophie/Sophos vs Clamav is because I can
get a newsletter from Sophos indicating new release of IDE
(viral signatures).

I've set up a procmail catch up which download new IDE as they
are released.

So I think I'm more uptodate with Sophie/Sophos than with Clamav.

Maybe I'm wrong and you can correct me :)

BTW, as I have worked for a company who sold Trendmicro ISVW, we were
facing a big problem with that product, we wanted to benefit of it's
power but also sendmail power.

By default, ISVW use a very little of sendmail, nor AUTH, nor SASL, nor
real mime treatment, etc.

We would have been very interested in Trophie, but the lack of ISVW
feature was the big deal.

I would have like seeing Trendmicro supporting a little more Trophie as
they do not offer a milter solution.