[Mimedefang] Skip MD for some users

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Apr 27 12:54:35 EDT 2004

At 11:18 AM 4/26/2004, Nathan Martinez wrote:
>Everything works fine for me, but now a few users want to be excluded
>from the Spam scanning that I am doing.

Because of the way milter works, you cannot skip MD on a per-user
basis.  There are two approaches you can take, both inside mimedefang-filter:

1. Use filter_recipient and the ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING return code -
which has the disadvantage that you stop filtering for any other recipients
of the same message.

2. Check the list of recipients before doing the actual spam scanning
(right before calling SpamAssassin, for instance).  This has the same
disadvantage, but you can work around it using stream_by_recipient in
filter_begin - which of course has its own disadvantage (resending the same
message once per recipient).

Kelson Vibber