[Mimedefang] ADMINISTRIVIA: Colocated server downtime

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Apr 26 16:31:29 EDT 2004

--On Sunday, April 25, 2004 10:05 PM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 30th, we'll be moving our colocated server.  That means
> pretty much everything will be down (Web site, MIMEDefang list, etc.)
> from around 10:00am to noon, Eastern Daylight Time (UTC - 4 hours) on
> Friday.

Good luck with it! I see the forward DNS entries have a TTL of 3600, so
some might not see the domain until as late as 1 pm, or 1 hour after
whenever you cut over the DNS.

> The server in its new home will be assigned the IP address
> 206.191.13.82.  If any of you are using RBL's, please make sure that
> address is not going to be blocked, or you will suddenly stop
> receiving this mailing list.

No reverse entry for the new address yet. There shouldn't be any harm in
adding it early.