[Mimedefang] Bug Report

Ralf Spenneberg lists at spenneberg.org
Wed Apr 21 16:37:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

I really liked MIMEDefang and am using it now for a few very large
domains.
But testing MIMEDefang the following issues came up:

1. SpamAssassin uses a CONFDIR (usually /etc/mail/spamassassin). This
directory is read when calling SA through MIMEDefang. SpamAssassin can
be configured to use a different CONFDIR. When using
CONFDIR=/opt/mail/spamassassin neither /etc/mail/spamassassin nor
/opt/mail/spamassassin is read. Might be a SpamAssassin issue though.

2. When using stream_by_domain MIMEDefang does not test if the resend is
successful. If /usr/sbin/sendmail is not found or cannot be executed the
email is discarded and not resend. The discard should test whether the
resend was successful.

3. When the MIMEDefang spooldirectory is full, MD returns a 451 Tempfail
to milter. But I would like to configure Milter to proceed whenever a
milter error occurs F= and not F=T. Unfortunately this cannot be done.
MIMEDefang should just return an error and not Tempfail, I guess.

I can provide further details.

Cheers,

Ralf
--