[Mimedefang] Embedded perl

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Sat Apr 24 13:53:45 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Henrik Schmiediche wrote:
> > What is the advantage to Embedding Perl in the muliplexor?
>
> Faster startup time and much less memory use.

The man mimedefang-multiplexor man page says:

  -E   Specifies that the multiplexor should create an embedded Perl
       interpreter.  This can improve performance dramatically.  But
       see the section "EMBEDDING PERL" for more information.

When I read this it wasn't clear whether "performance" applied only to
speed, or to memory use, or to both.  Perhaps the second sentence should
be "This can dramatically decrease both startup time and memory use."

Just a thought.

-David