[Mimedefang] greylist db size limit?

Gary Schrock gary at eyelab.psy.msu.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:22:47 EDT 2004

Ok, let's just say that you never quite got around to running the greylist
db cleaner.  Is there a limit to the size that the greylist db can
get?  Mine suspiciously seems to have topped out at 10240000, and didn't
seem to want to get any bigger (and in fact, I had some mail that kept
bouncing as if it was new to the greylist, which seemed a bit odd).  On top
of that, trying to run the greylist cleaner, while it said that it removed
4000+ entries, didn't affect the size of the db.

I'm using Jonas Eckerman's implementation of greylist on Freebsd if that
makes any difference.

Gary Schrock
gary at eyelab.msu.edu