[Mimedefang] mimedefang.pl memory use

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 22 19:13:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, David Eisner wrote:

> I ran into a situation where somebody comment-spammed my blog and
> I received about 20 notification emails at once.

Modify your blogging software to deliver mail in queued mode
(invoke Sendmail with the -odd option.)

This is the standard way to serialize sudden spikes in traffic.

> I notice that the mimedefang.pl slaves are fairly big in terms
> of reported memory size:

If you use the embedded interpreter option, most of that memory is shared.
If you don't, only a small amount is shared (the Perl executable.)

> The first thing I'm trying to understand is: what's using the memory?

Perl + SpamAssassin.