[Mimedefang] Trend Anti-Virus question

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Thu Apr 22 16:21:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:11:08PM +0200, Jérôme Tytgat wrote:
> From my past experience, I know that this daemon does not
> incorporate the latest switchs that are needed for Interscan viruswall.
>
> IMHO trophie is too old to be still used with a recent installation
> of ISVW.
>
> Maybe the author had so legit problem with trendmicro...

=> Trend did not provide help to code Trophie (they do no promote
any API contrary to Sophos).
Trophie's author had to guess and do some kind of reverse engineering
to devise it. He did some great work without any support.

> Milterizing ISVW is THE problem on Linux server.
>
> We investigated several solutions : sandwich, (a real nightmare with
> SMTP AUTH), milter (seems there's something in beta stage at trendmicro
> site, but looks like ARRESTED DEVELLOPMENT), trophie (nothing has been
> done to this project since 2002)

=> The Milter Version (Trend Interscan VirusWall Sendmail Edition) has
not been updated to version 3.8 and was only proposed to Solaris
platforms. Trend does not really want to go Milter. Their strategy
is rather based on postfix now and they're pushing IMSS instead of
Interscan. IMSS comes with a vscan binary but in a different
path and needing a slightly different usage last time I checked
(vscan.sh script).

Regards,

SL/
---
Stephane Lentz
Alcanet International, Internet Services