[Mimedefang] MD upgrade - how?

Michal Szymanski msz at astrouw.edu.pl
Thu Apr 22 08:14:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have browsed HOWTO, FAQ and the mailing list but did not find anything
about MD upgrading.

What is the recommended way of upgrading MD? The HOWTO describes only a
"fresh" install. Should I uninstall the previous version (2.39) before
installing the new one (2.42)? The Makefile created by 'configure'
apparently lacks "uninstall" target, so this could be tricky.
This is similar to all Perl modules that are MD prerequisities - they
also lack "uninstall" option, so the question "how to upgrade" arises.

So maybe I should just install the new one over the existing version,
saving local changes done in 'mimedefang-filter'?

any hints would be appreciated,

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND