AW: [Mimedefang] Solaris socket files.

A.Jones at mvv.de A.Jones at mvv.de
Thu Apr 22 01:13:02 EDT 2004

You won't ever see anything in a socket file, whether Solaris or any other
Unix-like OS. A socket is not really a file. It's a FIFO (first in, first
out) that is grounded in the filesystem for the sake of being able to name
it, and because everything in Unix is a "file". Applications treat named
sockets a lot more like network (e.g. UDP) sockets than files. So, no reason
to worry.

			-&