[Mimedefang] Fw: m4 error for site.config.m4 ?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 21 15:29:06 EDT 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb Benson Lei um 15:51:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the Red Hat Linux v9.0 + its bundled software ( the rpm package
> of m4 is v4.2). I want to re-compile the sendmail from source code for
> installing the Mimedefang.
>
> However, while I just got into the step ( sh Build ).
>
> There is a problem for compiling the config file "site.config.m4") as the
> attached image...m4 compiler.
>
> Is there any idea ??
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> With best regards
> Benson
>

> PS. the site.config.m4 is just having two lines as your site provides:
>
> dnl Milter
> APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF`,`-DMILTER`)

A bit few instructions. I doubt m4 is too old on RH9. But why do you
want to compile a new sendmail source on top of RH9 when at same time
you was too lame (sorry for being that direct) to install the latest bug
fixing kernel but running the fair old and highly vulnerable old initial
RH9 kernel with a lot local and remote (root) vulnerabilies? At least
your attached screenshot shows that old kernel (source) version.

The Sendmail for RH9 has milter support, if that was the reason for self
compiliation.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 21:18:38 up 3 days, 4:04, load average: 0.05, 0.14, 0.19
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]