[Mimedefang] Fw: m4 error for site.config.m4 ?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Wed Apr 21 15:03:08 EDT 2004

On 20 Apr 2004 at 21:51, Benson Lei wrote:

> I am using the Red Hat Linux v9.0 + its bundled software ( the rpm package
> of m4 is v4.2). I want to re-compile the sendmail from source code for
> installing the Mimedefang.

You don't need to; just install the sendmail-devel package.  It's got
all the headers and libraries necessary for building MIMEDefang.

Nevertheless, for future reference...

> There is a problem for compiling the config file "site.config.m4") as the
> attached image...m4 compiler.

> dnl Milter
> APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF`,`-DMILTER`)

Watch your quotes.  m4 is very particular; you need an opening
backtick (`), but a closing single quote (').

Should be:

APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF',`-DMILTER')
Nels Lindquist <*>
----
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

Whatever is said in Latin, sounds profound.