[Mimedefang] MD 2.42 find wrong version of kaspersky 5

Cahya Wirawan cwirawan at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Apr 21 10:51:32 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have installed kaspersky 5 for fileserver, it has
aveclient and kavscanner in binary directory, but a
new MD installation will think that I have kasperky 5
(aveclient) and the old kaspersky (because of kavscanner,
although actually this belong to kasperky 5). So
the mail will be scanned with both aveclient and kavscanner.
That is waste of time, MD should only use aveclient.
kavscanner in kasperky 5 is stand alone scanner, it will
load the whole virus database everytime it is executed.

regards,
cahya.