[Mimedefang] Feature request: Tar pitting.

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Apr 20 11:38:42 EDT 2004

No no - I think people misunderstand...

in Sendmail, RCPT TO throttle doesn't occur with lots of rcpt to commands.. it
happens when more than the user threshold of BAD recpt to's  is crossed.

I have mine set for 2.

I have 15 people on my server... and between 2 of us, we block > 5000 spams per
month (it's gone up a lot recently - so I don't have new numbers yet).

How many "unknown users" should I tolerate on my system with 15 users. I think 2
is pretty fair.

So, AFTER the originating server asks to send mail to more than 2 bad usernames,
the connection is throttled. Anyone who wants to up the limit can just edit
sendmail if they want (Hey the source is freely available). I choose to just
blackhole the site.

  -Ben