[Mimedefang] sendmail not working after mimedefang install

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 11:24:01 EDT 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb Jimmy Hayes um 16:38:

> Cool, when you say headers I assume you mean in the files /var/mail/user
> and /var/log/maillog. I can see the x-scanned there. However all my mail
> including spam Is being received no problem. What should I do to block
> it? Is it possible to send all spam to a mailbox to analyze?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jimmy Hayes

No, header of an email means envelope information. See like this SPAM
targeted mail:

Subject
: [*** S P A M ***] Abort Letter
An: Network Recipient <user at yourserver.com>

Header modification -> http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=21

What you do with mail with a specific SPAM value is your choice. Using
mimedefang-filter you might delete mail with SPAM score of >30 to
/dev/null or you might gather all SPAM mail in a specific SPAM account
-> http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=35

Read "man mimedefang-filter" to understand things a bit better.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 17:15:34 up 2 days, 1 users, load average: 1.31, 1.26,
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]