[Mimedefang] Feature request: Tar pitting.

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Apr 19 23:17:10 EDT 2004

As a public service, I would like to tar pit connections delivering
various worms or spam.

So in filter_end, I would like to have functions like

  action_tarpit_discard()
  action_tarpit_bounce()
  action_tarput_accept()

  etc.

Obviously you'd only want to do this on a system that always has plenty of
free connections.

While, I'd like to see this, I'm too lazy to actually figure out how to
write it.  Do other people think that this would be a worthwhile feature
to add?  Anybody feel that it is worthwhile enough to write it?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/