[Mimedefang] sendmail not working after mimedefang install

Matthew Thomas mthomas at biocontrolsys.com
Mon Apr 19 18:49:01 EDT 2004

By default, your spam mail goes nowhere.  In the default configuration of
mimedefang and spamassassin, your email will just get marked in the headers.
So you can check that it's working by viewing the headers on your mail.
Every email that goes through your system should have a header like:
This shows that it was scanned by MIMEDefang

Spam email will have additional headers showing a spam score and
spamassassin rules which were matched.

Now that you have it set up, you get to decide for yourself what you want
done with it.  You can bounce spam over a certain score (personally, I
wouldn't bounce any mail until you've had the chance to fine tune your
installation and make sure you aren't getting any false positives (FPs)).
You can have mimedefang add something to subject line of all spam emails,
like "** SPAM ** Here is the normal subject" and then filter on your clients
into a spam folder where they can review the stuff being marked as spam and
modify your filters.  If you client has the capability, you can filter on
the header itself without having to modify the subject line.

So, what do you want to do with you spam?

Regards,
Matt