[Mimedefang] sendmail not working after mimedefang install

Matthew Thomas mthomas at biocontrolsys.com
Mon Apr 19 16:40:15 EDT 2004

 -----Original Message-----
> From: mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com
> [mailto:mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com] On
> Behalf Of Jimmy Hayes

> Hi I just intried to install mimedefang following the guide
> from , http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/

> but now I can't receive any email for any user, I can only
> send. the sendmail processes are running.

Jimmy,

When you say that you can't receive email for any user, do you mean that the
mail gets to the mail server and is received, but your clients can't POP it
off the server?  Or do you mean that email sent to any user is rejected at
the server?  If you can send email, then port 25 is accepting email, so the
server should be receiving mail for users.

Possibly, you will need to add a line like:
FEATURE(`access_db')dnl

To your .mc file and edit your access database to say something like:
127             RELAY
yourdomain.com  RELAY

But the answer depends on what exactly is happening to the incoming mail.
If incoming email is accepted, but clients can't POP it off of the server,
then the problem is something else.

-Matt