[Mimedefang] clamd memory leak?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Apr 17 00:54:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 22:24, Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> That's probably true but clamd has insane memory requirements for
> processing deeply nested mime messages.  (See the thread about this for
> more information.  David's hinted that he might patch the MIME module so
> you can retrieve and nesting depth from it easily which could be used to
> block excessively deep messages in MD.)

The interesting thing in my case was that a single run didn't
seem to be so much of a problem memory-wise as that mimedefang
timed out the connection.  However the memory wasn't completely
released or re-used on subsequent runs so it kept growing as
the sending server retried the tmp failures.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com