[Mimedefang] clamd memory leak?

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Fri Apr 16 16:52:13 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Les Mikesell wrote:

> > [...] I am pretty sure that clamd leaked memory.

> I does sound like a leak.   Other than saying your suspicion sounds
> reasonable to me, I can't offer any help.  There is a clamav mailing list.

What version of clamav are you running.  There are reports of memory
management problems in some versions.  Appearently versions prior to
0.67?  were vulnerable to a DoS through a carefully constructed message.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/