[Mimedefang] Counting mail traffic

Egor Moskvichev jugr at mail.ru
Fri Apr 16 10:13:37 EDT 2004

> If you need a breakdown of mailsize per users, then it might be easiest to
> parse your maillog.  Each log entry showing the "from=" also shows the
> sendmail message ID and the "size=".  You would need to search for the
> "size=", capture the message ID number, then search the log again, for the
> "to=" entry that has the same message ID number.

Yes, i walked through it easily but there are some problems with sendmail
logs. The information which is kept there is not reliable so i decided to
choose mimedefang filter because it contains all info about connection and
mail processing.
So, it suits me in every respect but as i said earlier, it logs empty
strings sometimes (see my first posting above). I want to understand why it
does and how to walk around this problem.

Egor Moskvichev