[Mimedefang] $RelayAddr in filter_end()

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Fri Apr 16 11:36:32 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Schmiediche" <henrik at stat.tamu.edu>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: [Mimedefang] $RelayAddr in filter_end()

> According to the doc's $RelayAddr is not available in filter_end(). If I
> want to do spam checking based on where the email is coming from how would
> do this? How can I get access to this variable in filter_end()?

$RelayAddr *IS* available in filter_end.

The manpage's description of individual variables is somewhat misleading
since they state "variable X is available in filter_recipient".  What they
really mean is "variable X is first available in filter_recipient, and all
filter subroutines called after filter_recipient".

The calling order is:

    filter_relay, filter_sender, filter_recipient, filter_begin, filter,
filter_multipart, filter_end

Chris Myers
Networks By Design