[Mimedefang] Spam Getting Through

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Wed Apr 14 12:27:03 EDT 2004

I have some weird behavior. I was wondering if anyone has some insight before I start troubleshooting the problem. I am using spamassassin 2.63 and mimedefang 2.42. It seems that some spam mail is getting through the filters. I run the message manually and it scores as spam, but it is still passing through the filters and getting to the enduser. I am manually running the message as the correct defang user, and looking through the mail logs the message is being scanned by mimedefang. Yet when mimedefang initially receives the message it is not correctly identifying it as spam which makes me believe it might be something with mimedefang. Has anyone had similar issues that they might be able to share. The mimedefang-filter script is pretty much stock with just the addition of striping the recipient off of spam mail and sending it to a junkmail folder.

Thanks,
David