[Mimedefang] MaxRecipientsPerMessage

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Apr 14 11:19:12 EDT 2004

WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> The problem is that the system filters for 20+ destination mail servers,
> with no common directory.  I may try to implement LDAP lookups in sendmail
> in the future, but that will be complicated by tryinig to figure out how
> to query the right server depending on the destination domain.

Are you saying that you simply forward for these 20 mail servers with no clue as to who is a valid user on those servers?

If that is the case, you may want to implement some way of dumping user names on each target's LDAP systems and creating a virtusertable to validate email addresses. Could be simpler than the problem you describe, plus it would allow you to bounce any email sent to multiple recipients if any single recipient is invalid.

Another possibility is to implement WebMin on the mail server, and have each domain admin add users to the mail server's virtusertable -- and only accept email for users in virtusertable.

Jon
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer