[Mimedefang] Trend Anti-Virus question

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 13 19:57:53 EDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
>
>> 1) It is ssloww. Since it isnt run milterized/daemonized.. you are
>> basically asking mimedefang to exec a new copy of it each time.
>
>There is a package called "Trophie" which supposedly allows you
>to run Trend Micro's software as a daemon, and MIMEDefang does
>support Trophie.
>
>http://www.vanja.com/tools/trophie/

Thanks David.. I did look at it some, but realized that it would need
some rewriting and such to get it working again (flags, libcalls, and
other changes). I guess I should block off some time and do that for the
good of all mankind :).

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --