[Mimedefang] Can't enable SA's auto-whitelist

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Apr 13 14:35:20 EDT 2004

I am trying to get site-wide (not per user) auto-whitelist going.

Here is an excerpt I have from my mimedefang-filter

#######################################
if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
    spam_assassin_init()->compile_now(1) if defined(spam_assassin_init());

    # If you want to use auto-whitelisting:
    if (defined($SASpamTester)) {
        use Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList;
        my $awl = Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList->new();
        $SASpamTester->set_persistent_address_list_factory($awl)
                 if defined($awl);
   }
}
#######################################

That is in the general variable set-up section of the filter.  (not in any
subroutines).

And these are the relavant bits of my spamassassin config

 # auto whitelist stuff
 use_auto_whitelist 1
 auto_whitelist_factor 0.3
 auto_whitelist_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/auto-whitelist

And here is

$ ls -ld /var/spool/MIMEDefang/auto-whitelist
drwxr-xr-x    2 defang   defang       4096 Apr 13 10:26 /var/spool/MIMEDefang/auto-whitelist

Yet, I have no indication that anything is being put in that directory.
The directory is empty (and lots of mail has come in since I set this up).

Spamassassin bayes auto learn is working just fine.

And yes, I've sent a SIGINT to the multiplexor after changing the filter
and the SA configuration.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/