[Mimedefang] Trend Anti-Virus question

David Minor minor at fusion.gat.com
Mon Apr 12 16:46:31 EDT 2004

Hi - currently we are running Sendmail's commercial package (Sendmail
Switch) on Solaris 8. We use the Trend Interscan Viruswall Sendmail
edition with it. (Basically a milterized version of the normal
product.)

We are planning in the next few weeks to migrate to the Linux platform
- a big impetus for the move is to get some bigger, beefier hardware so
that we can start using the Mimedefang / Spamassassin combo. (Our
current Solaris machine can't handle it - I set it up and had it
running but it would bring the machine to its knees. (It's a
single-processor Netra running at  650mhz with 640 meg ram.))

Anyway ... to make a long question short, apparently Trend does not
make a milterized version of Viruswall fpr linux, but I see that
Mimedefang is able to call it. Could I start using this combination
instead of our current one? Would I lose any functionality? Would I
just install the standard Interscan Viruswall for linux and mimedefang
should be able to auto-detect it?

Thanks in advance.