[Mimedefang] ClamAV

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Mon Apr 12 13:39:35 EDT 2004

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
> Don't edit mimedefang.pl.  Just put these lines near the top of your
> filter file:
>
> $Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} = '/usr/sbin/clamd';
> $ClamdSock = '/path/to/clamd/socket';

And make sure you enter the same pathname in your clamd.conf for the
socket - whatever you use.

I spent an hour or so tracking down the cause of "451 4.3.0 Problem
running virus-scanner" on a test server only to find I had very
carefully specified two slightly different pathnames for the clamd
socket.  :(

This would be the *third* time I've done that.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."