[Mimedefang] bayesian working?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Sun Apr 11 21:59:36 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>Stephen Smoogen wrote:
>
>>Ok, here are my lessons learned from my bad experience last month :).
>>
>>1) Get both good and bad emails.
>>2) Do not get too old of a folder of SPAM/HAM as it will weight older
>>dates/patterns too high.
>>3) Make sure you have more than the 1000 emails of both (or change your
>>numbers in /etc/mail/spamasassisin/sa-mimedefang.cf
>>
>    So far so good.  I went ahead and let it learn stuff from this year
>only, and it's already blocking e-mails that would've otherwise been
>allowed through.  That's a good start.
>
>>Here is my settings for a small site. Make the
>>
>    ...the cow spit milk?  ...the lama to spit?  ...the monkey to sing?
>...the girl to make coffee?
>
>    [ and yes, I stole your configuration from a previous message
>already. :)  Thanks for sharing it though, it's doing it's job, or at
>least, I think it is.  I haven't had any indication that it's failing
>yet...]
>
>    How often to you run sa-learn?

I get a weeks worth of spam that it didnt get and I run that through
with a week from a random grab-bag of good email. The small site only
has 4 users so thats easy. For the work one, I havent figured it out yet
:).

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --