[Mimedefang] bayesian working?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Apr 11 19:01:37 EDT 2004

Stephen Smoogen wrote:

>Ok, here are my lessons learned from my bad experience last month :).
>
>1) Get both good and bad emails.
>2) Do not get too old of a folder of SPAM/HAM as it will weight older
>dates/patterns too high.
>3) Make sure you have more than the 1000 emails of both (or change your
>numbers in /etc/mail/spamasassisin/sa-mimedefang.cf

    So far so good.  I went ahead and let it learn stuff from this year
only, and it's already blocking e-mails that would've otherwise been
allowed through.  That's a good start.

>Here is my settings for a small site. Make the

    ...the cow spit milk?  ...the lama to spit?  ...the monkey to sing?
...the girl to make coffee?

    [ and yes, I stole your configuration from a previous message
already. :)  Thanks for sharing it though, it's doing it's job, or at
least, I think it is.  I haven't had any indication that it's failing
yet...]

    How often to you run sa-learn?